Monday, March 26, 2012

Under Siege!!!

Ok friends, this is brief -  you may all breathe a sigh of relief :-)

I was attacked Viciously by my allergies yesterday, about three times a year they muster their guns, dustmites, secret mold blasters, and other sneaky armaments and ba-Lindside me. Typically, they are lying in wait for me to mess up and skip regular bedtimes, play outside, or go to church near heavily perfumed - and otherwise harmless looking - young ladies.

Conceding the inevitable, I occupied the couch, took gross quantities of anti-sneezing defense, and slept off the misery for a bit. The sneaky buggers left booby-traps too - managed to get so dehydrated that today I am missing my spidey sense signals, warnings of falling hockey gear, fragile eggs, and slick marble on the landing.

On the other hand, it might not be the dehydration. Kitchen elves may also be out to get me (the hockey skate attack was a likely red herring).

Other than treating gravity with all due respect - and then some - today is just a regroup, make phone calls kind of day. Cooking up a storm of healthy food tonight too - it's cold here (but not for March) - today seems a hot-cocoa, spicy food kind of day.

So, off the computer, play time with my daughter, work in the laundry and sweeping, and see if I can find my focus hiding underneath a stray dust bunny.

If any of you see it first, please dress it warmly, and send it home safely :-)

Have a terrific week!

S.

(ps, find me - orchidhouse - on Pinterest. I think my button at left should do the trick! Been finding such pretty things there, I'd hate for you to leave with no new inspiration...this moving-situation has drained the art well pretty seriously!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment