Actually, this is a good time to warn you, if uplifting was what you are needing this wretched morning, I advise you to invest your time in drumming up some helium for your hot air balloon, as the gas-bag resources over here are rather the Opposite of useful.
In August, I invariably consider the Sargasso Sea - time somehow lulls me into what looks like activity, but isn't the same as actions. And so, progress dwindles. Time spent is interesting, but doesn't seem to get me too far. For example, let's see what happened to those excessive to-do's ;-)
If it's deleted, it actually Did get done. Some completed items are still in the list for illustrative purposes:
Here are this Weeks goals - excuses included:
2. Scan ANY backgrounds that look reasonable and post today. None of them are reasonable. I may pick three at random and post instead as 'what Not to do'. This Could get done today. On the other hand, Potbellied Pigs could also begin migrating with our Canadian Geese. Update: pigs are Not flying, and this old sad temporary computer might not be one that plays nice with my scanner. damn damn damn.
3.5 - 30 min/day 3 days this week on the WIP. 15 min/day at best - but it was spent with the 'de-crapify' button. Think that works on the art? Update: doodely Squat with any writing since last post. more damns. Oh, hey, I did two small sunflower watercolors on Saturday night. They both have good places and cheesy places, I'll have to use them as fragments (er, the good parts) for the birthday 5 cards I need to make this week. Need to buy replacements at the farmers market Wednesday and hope my technique improves. Oh, for the de-crapifyer....
7. Create layouts for the backgrounds I am creating and scanning, assemble as per instructions. Layouts halfway done. But, it Was the harder half, so this Could happen by Sunday! See the aforementioned pigs. damn.
10. Find a photo of my 'younger self' for use in next week's project. May just use a photo of my daughter at this point. She looks so much like me at that age even I get confused! Skipping the photo if the scanner and computer don't play nice. Will draw stick figure instead. My younger self had all the bulk of a giant mosquito, so it's somewhat realistic. Since week one is officially now lagging in week 3, there is clearly plenty of time for this one!
11. Browse a few art blogs (I'll Take Suggestions here!!) Alas, I forgot about this. The layouts/backgrounds are actually for an Art Action plan to print up weekly - to keep yourself On Track. Week one of this program is really, really getting long. If you lot don't suggest an art blog or two soon, I may not get past this one.....(see what I did there? Just gave you guys goal number 11! :-p. And, I must say, it feels pretty good!!)
14. Take a photo of the new orchid in the house. It's very, very beautiful. Need to re-locate the damned camera first. So, yeah. Got the camera, now to use it someday this week.
15. Blog On Time on Wednesday for ROW 80 check-in. See you then!! Fail. And, late for Sunday too.
So, of 15 goals/to-do's for the week, I got through 8. I added a few though:
- try out bike on single-track mt. bike trail - 2x for .8 miles. No blood - yay!
- annoy husband No end friday and feel like an ass about it the rest of the weekend
- spend good amount of time playing sea creatures one-on-one with my daughter
- spend good amount of time visiting kids room last night - count em, 4! so the poor things could get through the night. I mean, someone in this house should sleep well!
- took nephews and kids to the sprawl of America. Stared at the octopus there too! Yup. MOA has a giant Pacific Octopus.
This week? Well, I promise not to post a damned thing until I knock out a few leftover goals. Especially since it's my turn to lead the Heritage Writers tomorrow night. I think I'll let them work on world building exercises while I work same exercise directly into the WIP. Good plan, eh?
Why else do you think I invented the de-crapify button? ;-)
Hop around at the below ROW-80 blogs - some of these writers will become your new favorites. I promise :-)